The following positions have recently been reported to the COALITION as being available. The text describing each position has been created by the school making the posting. The COALITION is not responsible for any errors or omissions contained therein.
Instructor, Custodial Training Program
Instructs consumers in the custodial training program curriculum, and prepares them for employment in the custodial services industry. Performs other instructional and administrative classroom duties.
Assists in supervision of consumers enrolled in custodial training program who provide cleaning and custodial services to agency.
Assigns and reviews training activities during consumer evaluation period in custodial training program to determine consumer potential for course work.
Instructs consumers in established 4-week curriculum using course materials through individual and group instructional methods.
Prepares accurate and timely verbal and written reports to vocational rehabilitation counselors on consumer training progress and hands on skills and work behaviors.
Maintains complete and accurate daily and weekly client attendance and punctuality records, test scores and Instructor reports to Employment Specialists.
Reports urgent consumer issues such as inappropriate behaviors to supervisor and vocational rehabilitation counselors in a timely fashion.
Notifies supervisor of inventory needs for cleaning supplies and equipment for classroom, consumer and agency use.
Devises and administers custodial practical training exercises, and other written and hands on tests.
Communicates program concerns and plans for curriculum revision to supervisor. Revises curriculum and course objectives as instructed by supervisor.
Participates in outreach activities to selected groups for potential consumer referrals.
Maintains cleanliness of the premises and the availability of sanitary supplies for employees and visitors.
Performs other duties assigned by management or supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of and ability to follow Agency policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of and ability to follow department policies and procedures;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to teach consumers with disabilities, custodial skills and work related behaviors;
- Ability to teach subject matter by means of verbal, written and demonstrated presentations;
- Ability to interface with professional staff and consumer personnel;
- Excellent classroom management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, tolerance, influence and teamwork;
- Accurate record keeping skills;
- Attention to detail, notice when clients are encountering technical or adjustment difficulties;
- Strong platform skills (i.e., group presentation skills);
- Ability to use custodial machinery, equipment and cleaning supplies;
- Able to walk, carry and stand for long periods of the workday;
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Ability to answer and place telephone calls to coordinate on-site cleaning assignments.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) candidates preferred.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required; some college education preferred.
Experience: Two years of practical experience in the field of custodial services required and prior instructional experience preferred.
CONTACT: send resume and note expressing interest to: email@example.com